General Job Description: Provide appropriate experiences, programs, and activities to help young and older adolescents to grow as mature individuals and as faithful Catholics.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
JUNIOR HIGH (Grades 6, 7 & 8), HIGH SCHOOL (Grades 9-12)
- Help young adolescents to grow in their Catholic faith as part of a peer group, family, and parish.
- To help junior high/high school youth to develop leadership skills.
- Spend time with young adolescents in reflection and prayer.
- Provide retreats and service experiences.
- Build community among young adolescents and provide opportunities for positive interactions with peers and caring, faith-filled adults.
- Help youth reflect on values and identity as people of faith.
- Help youth to learn to make good choices and begin to plan for the future.
- Prepare/Plan for the meetings.
- Be present during meetings (usually on a weeknight).
- Be a mentor to high school youth group.
PART TIME MAINTENANCE WORKER
Our Lady of Mercy Parish, a Catholic Parish in the Country Village section of Jersey City, is seeking an individual to assist the Maintenance Director in caring for and maintaining the parish property. The property includes the church, a social hall, offices, sections of the school building, a residence, parish center, and exterior grounds.
This is a part-time position, the working hours are 8 am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday. The position offers a competitive salary. Applicants must be legally able to work in the USA and pass a background check.
The job will involve cleaning, sanitizing, setting up for meetings, simple repairs, removing trash, assisting the maintenance director, interacting with parish staff and parish members, and representing the parish in a professional manner.
Interested individuals should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org